Is a project which raises new systems of planning for the treatment of
the cancer by means of the radiotherapy using distributed calculation
and WEB interfaces. The results of the project will allow the following
improvements with regard to the conventional systems:
- Algorithms of optimization of the treatment that allow
to reach a better deposition of dose for complex treatments, specially
IMRT (radiotherapy with modulation of intensity). These technologies
of optimization are not accessible usually for the conventional planning,
due to the usage of manual technologies for parameter selection or
the high cost of calculation of the automatic algorithms. In general,
the clinical advantages of this tool are a minor dose on healthy organs
that surround to the tumor and the most uniform deposition of dose into
the tumour volume.
- To reach a strategic position with a view to the new generation of
planners who will include the method of Montecarlo for the calculation
of dose. By means of this method of calculation a major precision will
be obtained in the regions with strong variations of density.
- Fast computacional result due to the usage of massive distributed computation.
- Creation of a treatment database,
for the health professionals as well as for the career education
- Concealment of complexity of hardware, management and maintenance
to the final user. Access by means of tools web.
- Successive software and methods updates without
intervention of the final user.